Features of Windfall Checking
It's time for Better Banking! You work hard for your money and we think it should work hard for you. Windfall Checking is our high-yield checking account that actually pays you back!
Call us, click below, or stop by your local branch to apply!
With Windfall Checking, the benefits keep coming:
- 3.00% APY1 paid on your balance up to $20,000.
- ATM fees refunded.2
- No minimum balance requirements.
- No per check charge.
- Unlimited free transactions at CCU ATMs.
Find an ATM near you
- Overdraft protection available.
Enjoying the benefits of a Windfall Checking account is simple. All you have to do is:
- Sign up to receive your
statements online by the last day of the qualification period.
- Have a
direct deposit into your account during
the qualification period.
- Have at least 12 CCU Visa® credit or check card purchases posted to your account each qualification period.
- The qualification period runs from the 26th of the month through the 25th of the following month.
Already have a checking account with CCU?
Converting to a Windfall Checking account is simple! Just give us a call.
Membership eligibility required. 1-APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APY is effective as of 5:00 p.m. December 22, 2022, and is subject to change. Dividends paid on balances up to $20,000. To qualify for a dividend and ATM fee refund, member must: have at least 12 CCU Visa® credit or check card purchases posted to their account each qualification period, have a direct deposit or ACH into their account each qualification period, and receive eStatements. 2-ATM fees refunded up to $30 per qualification period. If requirements are not met, no dividend will be paid and ATM fees will not be refunded.
Protects your checking account from insufficient funds by automatically transferring funds, in the event of an overdraft.
Can transfer funds in two ways:
- From savings ($3 fee per item).
- From Visa® by a cash advance.
Enhanced Overdraft Protection (EOP)
Works in conjunction with overdraft protection to prevent paper checks, ACH (automated clearing house) and recurring debit card transactions from being returned for insufficient funds. In the event you exhaust all other overdraw protection options that
apply to your account, the Credit Union may, under our Enhanced Overdraft Protection attempt to pay qualifying transaction(s), when possible, and charge you an EOP fee. This will place your checking account in the negative up to a limit, as determined by the Credit
Union. Your EOP limit is subject to change at the discretion of the Credit Union.
- Available to members in good standing, age 18 and older.
- There is a $32 charge for each item cleared using EOP.