If you've got questions about banking with us, accounts, loans, our online banking system or how to protect yourself, then you've come to right place. We've designed this page to help answer your questions and if you don't see your answer here,
give us a call. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
To find answers to your questions click on the topic section(s) below:
- Q: What is a Credit Union?
- A: A Credit Union is a not-for-profit cooperative comprised of members sharing a common bond. Members are the owners, and only members can use the services of the Credit Union.
- Q: Who can join Corning Credit Union?
- A: If you are an employee, retiree, or immediate family member of one of our
Member Groups, if you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of our Community Areas, or if you are an immediate family member Corning Credit Union member, you are in the field of membership.
- Q: If I leave the employment of one of these companies, do I need to close my membership?
- A: No! Once you become a member, you can
enjoy the benefits for life, no matter where you live or work.
- Q: If I close my membership, do my family members have to close theirs?
- A: No! Once they become members, they can enjoy the benefits for life!
- Q: Where are you located?
- A: We have offices in New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Click here to view a complete listing of branch locations and hours.
- Q: What types of products do you offer?
- A: We offer a wide range of products and services to meet your needs. Our accounts and loans are designed with you in mind and our
rates are some of the best available. We provide you with access to your accounts and loans 24/7!
- Q: What is your Routing and Transit Number?
- A: 222380359. Our member account numbers must be converted to a 10-digit or 14-digit number for direct deposit. Please call our
Member Contact Phone Center and one of our Member Service Representatives will assist you.
Go to the top
- Q: How do I wire money between my account at the Credit Union and an account at another financial institution?
- A: To transfer funds into your Corning Credit Union account, visit our
Bank Wire Transfers page for instructions.
- Q: Are my accounts insured?
- A: Your funds are insured up $250,000 based on the registration of ownership. There are many ways to increase the amount of coverage.
Click here to learn more.
Go to the top
- Q: Do I have to go to a CCU branch office to apply for a loan or request an advance?
- A: You can apply for a loan or request an advance for most loans online using our convenient online
consumer loan request or
online mortgage application.
- Q: How long will it take to hear whether or not my loan request is approved?
- A: Depending on what type of loan you are requesting, some loans take only minutes to process while others may take approximately 24 hours.
- Q: Do you offer loans for businesses?
- A: Yes.
Click here to see loan options for businesses.
Go to the top
- Q: If I have a CU-Extra check card, do I need an ATM card?
- A: No. Your CU-Extra check card can be used as an ATM card as well as a check card, providing you with less plastic and even more convenience!
- Q: If I am using my CU-Extra check card to make a purchase at a grocery store or gas station, do I select credit card or debit card?
- A: To receive fast approvals (no need to enter your P.I.N.), select Credit Card. The amount of the purchase will still be deducted from your Checking Account and your purchases may be protected under Visa regulations.
- Q: What should I do if I lose my credit card or CU-Extra check card?
- A: You must
contact CCU immediately upon realizing that your card(s) is missing. If it is during non-business hours, don't wait! We have a Lost/Stolen Card reporting system available 24 hours a day, seven days
- Q: Do you accept direct deposit and payroll deductions?
- A: We certainly do! Just ask your employer if they participate in a Direct Deposit program through the ACH (Automated Clearing House) Network.
Click here for more information regarding our Direct Deposit and Payroll Distribution program.
- Q: What are some of the things the Corning Credit Union website offers that can save me time?
- A: We understand your busy lifestyle. Our website not only puts a wealth of information right at your fingertips, it also offers you 24-hour access to:
- Review your account histories and loan histories.
- Quickly search for checks that have cleared your account.
- View and/or print cleared checks.
- Perform account transfers.
- Make your loan payments.
- Obtain the payoff amount for your CCU loan(s) for a projected date.
- Loan request and approval.
- Customize the name of your Share and Share Draft Checking Accounts.
- Reorder your checks.
- Open new certificates online instantly.
- Open various accounts and services.
- Stop payment on your checks.
- Change your address.
- Request a membership application.
- View your eStatements online.
Go to the top
- Q: How can I protect myself from fraud?
- A: CCU offers an entire section on our website devoted to helping you
protect yourself against fraud. In addition, follow these important tips:
- Never choose a Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.) that contains personal information (date of birth, phone number, social security number, etc.).
- Never carry your P.I.N. with you.
- Do not set your browser to retain your eBranch member account number, access code and password.
- Never give your card number over the phone to unsolicited callers (sweepstakes, unknown telemarketing vendors).
- Do not leave cash, checks, or credit cards unattended or in your vehicle.
- Never discard a receipt containing your card numbers in public trash. Always tear them thoroughly and discard them at home.
- Always review your monthly statements in detail and report any discrepancies immediately. They are sent for your protection!
Go to the top
Do you have questions that aren't on this list? We'd love to hear from you! Just send us an
email or give
us a call.